Thursday, January 17, 2013
Good turnout for the January meeting, lots of good winter warmers to sample, thanks to everyone who attended.
January Meeting Agenda
- January Style: Winter Warmers
- Collected dues for official membership
- Announced Club Officials
- Chance Davis - President
- Michael Pezely - Vice President
- Kyle (?) - Treasurer
- Discussed club tasting glasses - Majority decision for members to bring their own tasting glasses as custom glasses are a little cost prohibitive.
- Discussed club shirt options and logo placement
- Beer tasting format - Format for tastings going forward will be as follows: 1. blind tasting followed by discussion 2. brewer is announced and is given opportunity to discuss their beer 3. further club discussion/critique if needed before moving on to next beer.
- Club competitions - regular meetings will consist of informal tastings/critiques, club will host members' only formal competitions bi-annually with a specific style/theme announced at prior meetings.
- Announced March Club Style : Pale Ale
Monday, November 12, 2012
November Meeting Agenda
- Club Competion : Porter - Chance will be compiling results and will post them to the competion page when completed
- Discussed future club meeting venues - Vince offered to host December, future options TBA
- Voted on club logo - majority vote for Kris's design
- Discussed club tasting glass options - majority vote for imprinted glasses to be retained by club members
- Announced January Club Competition : Winter Warmer [this falls under category 19 - Strong Ale in the BJCP guidelines, but there may be some clarification on the guidelines for the club competition]
If anyone took pictures, took minutes, or has any other items of business to post here, please send them to email@example.com and I will post them a.s.a.p.